Quality Assurance Automation Architect
The Quality Assurance Automation Architect is a technical hands-on leader in the testing organization and is a strategic participant across many development efforts. As a QA Automation architect you are passionate about driving efficiency in the software development process by using leading tools and frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites and provide test automation architecture to a large global organization. This position could also be referred to as a Software Engineer in Test (SDET). The Quality Assurance Automation Architect provides overall leadership on test strategy, script design, script execution, automation framework, service virtualization, data virtualization, and environment design & advanced Test Management strategies all combined to improve effectiveness, costs and velocity. Responsible for the design, enhancement and future growth of test automation architecture and framework.
- Provide leadership around test techniques or methodologies to support complex or strategic direction for creation of the automation test suite environment
- Provide leadership in the execution of automated test scripts and validation of requirements
- Lead the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation architecture and framework
- Responsible for the automation architecture and provides direction on automation techniques. Responsible for the research and implementation of the advanced features of test automation
- In an agile/scrum environment, may:
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
- Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities - Prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
- Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
- Participate in backlog refinement
- Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
- For activities related to Test Management, may:
- Provide consultation on the most complex testing strategies
- Contribute and provide subject matter expertise to iterative test strategy
- Provide subject matter expertise on framework direction and output
- Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, Performance or Web Services Automation framework
- Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
- Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
- Create, consult and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
- Create and validate automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Consult and provide direction on test environment issues; act as SME for external environment team communications
- Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
- Possess technical competency and takes on leadership role to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
- 5+ years of software development background
- 5+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
- 5+ years of experience with SDLC
- 4+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/frameworks: C#, Java, Python, .NET/Java frameworks
- 4+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions creating functional, regression, or performance tests
- Expert level hands on experience with Selenium Web driver using Java
- 2+ years hands on experience with implementing Continuous Integration and build automation systems such as Jenkins, Octopus etc.
- 2+ years of experience in architecting, implementing solutions/frameworks to effectively transition testing to the cloud.
- 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
- Experience with testing Web Services
- Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
- Understanding of Performance Testing
- 5+ years of strong hands-on functional/system test automation experience
- Experience constructing test plans and executing against these plans across functional, regression unit, system, performance, stress and load testing
- Experience with mobile automation tools such as Perfecto Mobile and Mobile Labs
- Knowledge of containers, virtualizations and ability to help design and implement computing grids used in testing Selenium
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools to support IT.
- Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Creative with ability to "think outside the box" for long-term solution
- Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools.
Experience with the following tools
- Agile Planning tool (eg JIRA)
- Functional Test Automation (eg Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
- Mobile Test Automation (eg Perfecto Mobile, Appium)
- Web Service Testing Tools (eg CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
- Performance Testing Tools (eg Performance Center, Jmeter)
- Relational Database Management (eg Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
- Defect Management (eg HP Quality Center)
- Source Code Management Tools (eg Git, TFS, RTC)
- IDE (eg Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
- Continuous Integration tools (eg Jenkins, Hudson other)
Nice to have/preferred qualifications
- Published and presented technical articles/papers in conferences, journals etc
- Experience with implementing automation in conjunction with Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with Security testing.
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Pay: $125,000 to $135,000 USD
Pay Period: Annual
Other Pay Info: Bonus
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on VBCode